Turkey Thigh Hominy Chili Recipe is loaded with onion, red bell pepper, clove garlic, fresh jalapeno chili, chili powder, dried oregano, ground cumin, turkey thigh, hominy, crush tomatoes, jack cheese, black ripe olive, green onion, salt and pepper.
- 1 peeled and chopped onion (1/2 lb.),
- 1 rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and chopped red bell pepper (1/2 lb.),
- 6 peeled minced cloves garlic,
- 1 rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and minced fresh jalapeño chili,
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 or 3 turkey thighs
- 1 can (15 oz.) rinsed and drained hominy (yellow or white),
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes in purée
- Shredded jack cheese
- Canned sliced black ripe olives
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper
- mix the onion-bell pepper-garlic-jalapeño-chili powder-oregano-cumin in a 4 1/2-quart electric slow-cooker.
- Pull off and discard skin from turkey thighs;
- trim off and discard fat.
- Rinse thighs; lay on vegetables in cooker.
- Pour hominy-tomatoes with juice over turkey.
- Cover and cook until turkey pulls easily from the bone, 6 to 7 hours
- transfer turkey to a plate.
- Skim and discard any fat from cooking liquid.
- discard bones and tear meat into large chunks.
- Return meat-juices to cooker;
- Cover; cook until hot, 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon turkey chili into wide bowls.
- Top portions with cheese-olives-green onions.
- Add salt-pepper to taste.
Turkey Thigh Hominy Chili recipe has amazing nutritious fact includes 209 calorie, 21 calorie from fat, 4.8 gram fat, 1.4 gram saturated fat, 2.7 gram monofat, 1 gram polyfat, 22 milligram protein, 19 gram carbohydrate, 3 gram fiber, 5 milligram cholesterol, 4.2 milligram iron, 359 milligram sodium and 73 milligram calcium.
Sign Up and get free email updates on the latest Weight Loss Recipes, Weight Loss Offers and more. We will also send you a free e-book.