Homestyle Green Bean Casserole Recipe is loaded with fresh green beans, butter, flour, low fat milk, non fat buttermilk, ranch dressing, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, butter, fresh mushroom, cooking spray, French fried onion, Japanese breadcrumbs and tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup French fried onions
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 plum tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process;
- drain and pat dry.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in Dutch oven over medium heat;
- whisk in flour until smooth.
- Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- whisk in 1 1/2 cups milk; cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 4 minutes
- Remove from heat,
- whisk in buttermilk.
- Melt 1 tsp. butter in a medium skillet over medium/high heat;
- add mushrooms, sauté 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat;
- let stand 5 minutes.
- toss mushrooms-green beans in buttermilk sauce.
- Place in a 13- x 9-inch or 3-qt. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray.
- Combine French fried onions;
- sprinkle over green bean mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Homestyle Green Bean Casserole recipe has amazing nutritious fact includes 168 calorie, 32 calorie from fat, 8.4 gram fat, 3.9 gram saturated fat, 1.1 gram monofat, 0.2 gram polyfat, 5.7 milligram protein, 18.5 gram carbohydrate, 3.9 gram fiber, 15 milligram cholesterol, 0.9 milligram iron, 296 milligram sodium and 104 milligram calcium.
Sign Up and get free email updates on the latest Weight Loss Recipes, Weight Loss Offers and more. We will also send you a free e-book.