Creamed Onion Casserole Recipe is loaded with butter, olive oil, onion, leek, fresh thyme, josher salt, white wine, low fat milk, flour, black pepper, nutmeg, cooking spray and Japanese breadcrumbs.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups vertically sliced onion
- 4 cups thinly sliced leek
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat panko Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium/high heat.
- Add butter and oil;
- cook 1 minute.
- Add onion-leek-thyme;
- cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with salt;
- Cover;, reduce heat to medium-low,
- Cook 15 minutes,
- stirring occasionally
- Add wine; bring to a boil.
- Cook 5 minutes .
- Combine milk-flour in a small bowl,
- stirring with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture-pepper-nutmeg to pan;
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon onion mixture
- coated with cooking spray.
- Top with panko.
- Coat panko with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
Creamed Onion Casserole recipe has amazing nutritious fact includes 156 calorie, 1 calorie from fat, 4.1 gram fat, 1.6 gram saturated fat, 1.8 gram monofat, 0.4 gram polyfat, 5 milligram protein, 25 gram carbohydrate, 3 gram fiber, 7 milligram cholesterol, 2 milligram iron, 224 milligram sodium and 127 milligram calcium.
Sign Up and get free email updates on the latest Weight Loss Recipes, Weight Loss Offers and more. We will also send you a free e-book.