Cheese soufflé is loaded with flour, low fat milk, cheddar cheese, salt, cayenne pepper and egg white. Cheese soufflé need fifty five minutes divided into fifteen minute for preparation and forty minute for cooking. This weight watcher recipe will give you 3 smart points.
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 egg
- 2 egg white
- mix flour – 3 tablespoons milk In a small cup or bowl.
- Pour remaining milk into a large saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk in flour mixture and cook,
- stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat
- stir in cheddar cheese- 1/4 teaspoon salt-cayenne pepper.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/(175 degrees C).
- Whisk egg yolks into the cooled cheese mixture.
- whip all 4 egg whites until foamy in a large glass/metal bowl
- Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt
- beating until stiff peaks form.
- Stir 1/4 of the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- fold in remaining egg whites with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3 quart souffle dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Serve immediately.
Sign Up and get free email updates on the latest Weight Loss Recipes, Weight Loss Offers and more. We will also send you a free e-book.